Last Updated September 23, 2020
Use of the Services
Voyager does not endorse or approve (a) any sellers that offer patent(s) on the Website or through the Services, or (b) any such patents. However, Voyager reserves the right to exclude, in its sole discretion, any patent from being offered on the Website or through the Services and to exclude any user for offering patent(s) on the Website or through the Services.
Any contract for sale of patent(s) is directly between the seller and buyer. Voyager is not a traditional auctioneer. Any guidance provided by Voyager as part of the Services, such as listing, sourcing, agreement templates, and/or other content, is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. Voyager does not guarantee or warrant that any patent(s) offered through the Services will be sold, that any contemplated transaction will be completed, that sellers have good title to the patents offered through the Service, that the patents offered through the Service are valid or enforceable, that sellers will transfer good title to buyers, or that buyers will have the ability to pay for any transaction.
Voyager does not guarantee, or warrant the accuracy of any of the content available on the Website or through the Services. We may update the content provided on the Website or through the Services from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any such content may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. The content presented on the Website or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. Voyager does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this content. Any reliance you place on such content is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such content by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of such content.
The Website may allow users to post content. You understand that it is your own responsibility to not post any content that you intend to remain confidential. Any content posted by a user is solely the opinion(s) and the responsibility of such user, and such content does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Voyager. Voyager is not liable to you or any third party for the content or the accuracy of any content provided on the website.
Voyager reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the content, functionality, and services offered on the Website. We have no obligation to maintain or support the Services. No other entity has any obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Services.
Voyager is not a law firm and does not practice law or provide legal advice. By using the Services, no attorney-client relationship is created between you and Voyager or its employees.
- modify or download (other than page caching) any part of the Services;
- use the Services or its contents for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer the Services or its software;
- frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) which appears through the Services;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing our name or trademarks;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations displayed through the Services;
- transfer the Services or its contents to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server; or
While visiting the Website and using the Services, you agree not to:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- Access or use the Services to offer, buy or sell securities or interests in any limited liability company, corporation or trust that owns any patent, license or other intellectual property;
- Access or use the Services to solicit investments, whether debt or equity, or attempt to engage in crowdfunding activities;
- Access or use the Services or content for any unlawful or improper purpose;
- Use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or mislead by posting any content;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Violate any applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations;
- Post, upload, or transmit any content or information that promotes illegal or unlawful activity;
- Post, upload, or transmit any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, deceptive, obscene, indecent, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, sexually explicit, pornographic, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- Post, upload, or transmit any content or information that infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
- Post, upload, or transmit any material, non-public information about a third party without the authorization to do so;
- Post, upload, or transmit any trade secret of any third party;
- Post, upload, or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, contests, sweepstakes, sales promotions, barter, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication;
- Use any Voyager trademark or any Voyager logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, or services names;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Website or materials;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Website without our prior written authorization;
- Collect or store personal data about other users;
- Harass other users;
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or registered user from using the Services, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Website;
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature; or
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services or its contents.
Voyager may review content submitted to through the Services from time-to-time, but Voyager has no obligation to monitor content and undertakes no duty in this regard. However, Voyager reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting or other content by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Services is solely your responsibility.
We may allow you to delete certain content which appears on through the Services itself (such as postings). However, deleted content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time. If another user obtained access to your content and copied or shared such content, your deletion of content will not delete copies of content shared by others.
Privacy and Information About You
In order to use some of the Services, you may be required to register an account (an “Account”). Each Account is the sole responsibility of the account owner and authorized users. You must immediately notify us if you become aware of unauthorized use of your Account or Account information (including Login Information), but we shall not be liable for any costs or damages incurred by someone else’s unauthorized use of your Account or Account information.
You must not create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You must not have an Account or use the Services if you have previously been removed by us or have been previously banned from using the Services.
During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a password (“Login Information”). The following rules govern the security of your Login Information: (i) you shall not share the Account or the Login Information, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account; and (ii) you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information. We reserve the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason.
Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright. All materials on the Website and available through the Services, including, without limitation, the logos, design, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips, other files, and the selection, arrangement and organization thereof are owned by Voyager, its licensors or other entities. Unauthorized use of such materials is strictly prohibited. Copyright © 2020 [Voyager Space Holdings, Inc.] and its licensors. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Trademarks. Product names, logos, designs, titles, and words or phrases used on the Website or in the Services, including, without limitation, Voyager™, are owned by Voyager, its licensors or other entities. All page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are trademarks or trade dress of Voyager. If you use such trademarks or logos, you must include appropriate attribution. All other trademarks, trade names and the like that appear on the Website or the Services are the property of their respective owners. You may not use any of these trademarks, trade dress, or trade names, or any confusingly similar marks, dress or names, including, without limitation, as a part of any link, without express permission.
Your Ideas. You may choose to, or we may invite you to, submit comments, testimonials, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions about the Services, including, without limitation, about how to improve the Services (the “Ideas”). By submitting any Ideas, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Voyager under any fiduciary or other obligation, that we are free to disclose the Ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the Ideas without any additional compensation or credit to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Voyager does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Voyager, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Ideas shall, and hereby does, constitute a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, transferable, and sub-licensable right and license to us of all right, title and interest in all patent, copyright, trademark, and all other intellectual property and other rights whatsoever in and to the Ideas and a waiver of any claim based on moral rights, unfair competition, breach of implied contract, breach of confidentiality, and any other legal theory. You should not submit any Ideas to us if you do not wish to license such rights to us. We are and will be under no obligation: (i) to maintain any Ideas in confidence; (ii) to pay to you or any third party any compensation for any Ideas; or (iii) to respond to any Ideas. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any Ideas you make.
Copyright Infringement. We respect the copyrights of others and expect our users to do the same. We have a policy of terminating users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others. If you believe that a user has infringed your copyright, you may file a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”) to Voyager’s “Designated Agent,” including substantially the following information:
- Identification of the copyright work that is claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and sufficient information to permit Voyager to locate that material, including a URL for each item.
- Details of your claim to the materials, or your relationship to the material’s copyright holder.
- Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and working email address.
- If true, include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- If true, include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner to make this complaint.”
- Sign the document, physically or electronically.
- Send the document to Voyager’s Designated Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement, at the following: Jennifer Hiatt, Jennifer.Hiatt@voyagerspace.com
Disclaimers and Limitations
EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL VOYAGER, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, PARTNERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED, TO DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT OR STRICT LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION ON WHICH THEY ARE BASED, EVEN IF VOYAGER OR SUCH OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON OR EXCLUSIONS OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO A USER DEPENDING ON HER, HIS, OR ITS STATE OF RESIDENCE.
Limitation on Actions. You acknowledge and agree that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action you may have arising out of, relating to, or connected with your use of the Website or Services must be filed within one calendar year after such claim or cause of action arises, or forever be barred.